Welcome to The Travelling Postcard... Any postcard has two sides, the same as these individuals, we like to work hard but we also love to travel.
Our years to travel are many and we want to share this with the world. After having studied respective degrees in Business Management and Tourism we both searched for new opportunities whilst working in a DMC, what we did next?
Well travel of course! Currently, we are just in the process of finalising all details for travel, managed to save enough money to get us just about round South East Asia (we hope!), decided to quit our stable jobs in the tourism industry and about to leave in 3 weeks time!
Fun Facts about Shereen
1. I come from a tiny place called
Gibraltar that sits at the entrance to the Mediterranean Sea.
2. I am bilingual in English and Spanish and have paella during the week and roast on Sundays.
3. I am scared of heights...and chickens!
4. I'm a Marketing enthusiast, love to travel & cannot survive without cake. 5. I'm a Leo.
Motto's - What I live by
1. Take the Plunge to Travel the World. It took me seven years to build up the courage!
2. Have no regrets. You Only Live Once.
3. The World is a Book and those who do not Travel read only One Page - Agustine
4. Always trust your gut and your parents!
5. Everyday is a second chance, a new beginning, turn them into Opportunities.
6. Travel, when you can, for how long you can!
The Bucket List
For our full version of our Bucket List, please click here. For a snippet as to our Travel Bucket List, read below:
- Visit all 7 continents
- Be in two places at once
- Take a 1 month tour of Italy. Starting in Venice ending in the Amalfi Coast.
- Ride an Elephant in Thailand
- Swim with the Dolphins
- Pet a Tiger in India
- Meet a Penguin
- See the Northern Lights
- Stay in a Berber camp in the middle of the Sahara
Shereen welcomes you to The Travelling Postcard! So one day I just told my mum I was going to quit my stable secure job in an industry I actually enjoyed working in to travel around Asia for 4 months. She freaked. It was the best decision I ever took and this blog started off as a reminder of that adventure and what I had to do to achieve it! Now, back home in Gibraltar (for the time being!) I use it to reminisce and also help get you excited about travelling to southern Spain, Gibraltar and parts of Europe. I absolutely love travelling, photography and FOOD! This blog tells you all about it...
I use them, you should too
Follow The Travelling Postcard
Never miss a post! All the latest news and info!
Get Our SE Asia Guide!
We could not have survived our trip without having this to guide us through. It is a fantastic collection of trip itineraries, attractions to see, restaurants to visit and places to sleep! Well worth the money and not as heavy as I thought it would be carrying it. Enjoy your South East Adventure!
Disclosure: There are some affiliate links throughout this blog; which means if you purchase something using one of those links I make a small commission at NO extra cost to you. You also get an amazing 8 second virtual hug from me!